If your item was purchased in error, or you've simply changed your mind, Wildfire Sports & Trek offers a number of returns options. Just contact us within 90 days of your order by filling out the form here. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 2 business days with instructions for returning your item or a request for further information if required.
The item must be returned in original, re-saleable condition with all packaging intact. The item must be securely packed to ensure it is received back with us in original and re-saleable condition. Please include your original invoice and the email correspondence authorising your return.
We will send to your email address a Auspost prepaid return label which can be used at any post office. The item must be returned within 14 days of the label being sent to you.
Free return postage only applies to customers in Australia or New Zealand using our provided Auspost labels; we will NOT refund any postage fees you have paid yourself. Items under $80 are not eligible for free return postage. Fair Use Policy applies*.
Items which cannot be returned for change of mind:
- Items not in original, re-saleable condition or without provided tags/packaging.
- Shoes which have been worn outside or on a marking surface (please note it is immediately obvious when shoes have been worn outside and we will not be able to accept a return if this is the case)
- Due to privacy laws and warranty continuity, returns of electronics will not be accepted if the device has been turned on.
- In-ear headphones, undergarments and masks may not be returned once the packaging is opened for hygiene reasons.
- Swimwear (including wetsuits) must not be altered or worn in any way other than tried on over underwear.
- Due to food and safety law, the following products cannot be returned once they leave the store, even if in original packaging: certain food items and ANY climbing/safety gear (including helmets, carabiners, harnesses, ropes, etc. Does NOT include climbing shoes.). Please bear this in mind before you make your purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Hydration products, e.g. bladders or bottles, which have been filled with water or other liquids.
- Books, unless misprinted.
- Any products marked as 'Final Clearance'.
- Any custom, personalised or bulk order products, or Special Orders over $800.
- Any free items provided with your order are eligible to be replaced only if faulty on arrival, they are not eligible for change of mind returns or regular warranties.
- Gift Vouchers or payments for services.
Our returns policies in this regard are to ensure that all our customers are assured of new and unused products with full warranties available.
*Fair Use Policy:
Free return postage is currently capped at two returns per customer per year and one exchange per order. If you wish to return again after exceeding this limit, the products must be returned at your expense.
- We offer a free first exchange (orders over $80) for a different size/colour/product to the full value of items you have ordered. Depending on the value and weight of exchanged items, shipping fees may apply for international exchanges.
- If after this you wish to exchange your item for a second or subsequent time, you will be required to return the product at your cost. Items already exchanged are not eligible for a change of mind refund, and may only be returned for a store credit (see paragraph on Store Credits below for details).
- You may use our ‘Try 2 Anything’ option on your exchange if applicable, however the usual $3 fee will need to be paid before the order is sent out to you.
- We are happy to offer a store credit to the full value of the items returned, which can be used in store or on our website within 12 months of issue. This will be applied to your Wildfire account once we receive and process the returned items.
- Where you have paid an additional shipping fee on top of the item price (e.g. Express or Standard Shipping, Try Two Sizes/Try 2 Anything fee), this amount is unable to be refunded or credited. We are not able to refund or credit any money you pay to third parties related to the order (for example customs fees).
- Should you elect not to receive a store credit but prefer a refund, a fee of $19.95 to cover our costs of original and return shipping, bank fees, and re-shelving the item applies. This will be deducted from the refund provided.
- Refunds can only be processed to the same funding source (credit card/bank account/PayPal account/etc.) from which you originally paid.
- If you return your items in person to our store, you may choose to receive an exchange, store credit or refund as per the policies above, without any administration fee.
- Where you have paid an additional shipping fee on top of the item price (e.g. Express Shipping, Try Two Sizes/Try 2 Anything fee), this amount is unable to be refunded or credited.
- Refunds can only be processed to the same funding source (credit card/bank account/PayPal account/etc.) from which you originally paid. Please bring the same card you used to make payment and the original EFTPOS receipt if you require a refund for an EFTPOS payment.
- Please note that in most cases, the return can be processed on the spot, but there may be a delay of up to 2 business days if a refund of an online payment or assessment of the returned item is required.
If you believe that your product has arrived faulty or developed a fault within the warranty period, simply fill out the form here. We will endeavour to contact you within 2 business days to talk you through the process of the warranty claim.
If you contact us about the fault within 90 days of receiving the item, we will send you a pre-paid return label for returning the faulty item. This is only eligible for Australian and New Zealand customers and only with our provided Auspost labels; we will NOT refund any postage fees if you send products without our prepaid labels.
Depending on the manufacturer, nature of fault and time of year, warranty claims can take 1-4 weeks to resolve. We will advise you at the time the fastest way to process your warranty.
If the item returned is found not to be faulty, we will charge a reshipping fee of $9.95 to return the product to you. To avoid this, please follow all troubleshooting we send you and read the product manual carefully before posting. Many problems with electronics can be resolved via our email support without need for return.
Any free items included in your order are eligible to be replaced only if faulty on arrival, they are not eligible for change of mind returns or regular warranties.
Should your order be missing an item, or you have received an incorrect item, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may rectify (at no cost to yourself). For mispicks, we generally recommend including a photo of the item incorrectly received, showing the barcode in particular, as well as a photo of the paper invoice received.
Orders placed with Wildfire Sports & Trek are processed in a matter of hours so that you can get your items as soon as possible. Please contact us immediately if you wish to cancel or change your order. Once an order has been dispatched it is then subject to the change of mind returns policy (see above).
Packages which are returned to us because they are unclaimed, or due to an incorrect address, can be reshipped for a $9.95 reshipping fee (for domestic parcels, international reshipping fees may vary) or we can provide a refund less a $19.95 administration fee ($24.95 for international parcels).
If Click & Collect orders are not collected after 2 weeks from order date, we will contact you via email or phone (if provided) at least twice. If not collected after 45 days from original order date, we are unable to continue holding your items.
Effective Date: 17/07/2020 (updated to include Final Clearance products)